The Jüdische Kulturbund Project engages the power of art and music as a healing device to connect people and transcend the differences and barriers between them. Through connecting, inspiring, and encouraging audiences with arts and education programming, we aim to build dialogue and expand perspectives and world views.
The Project’s fiscal sponsor is the nonprofit International Documentary Association, a 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible.
We welcome your support of our efforts.
Please see are scheduled 2018-2019 events here.
- “Hannah’s Dance”, a re-creation of the final dance in the Berlin Kulturbund in August 1939
- “Singer”, a dramatic feature film
- “The Opus”, a play with music
- “The Ring Project”, a multimedia play inspired by the story of “Nathan the Wise’s Ring Parable”
- “Artivists, Art Against Oppression”, Multimedia exhibition
- “Bullets to Books” feature documentary about the Promise Land Secondary School in South Sudan
- Collaborative program Violins of Hope
- Collaborative program with the International Orchestra of Refugees
- Collaborative programs with the Leo Baeck Institute
- Workshop to teach how to use primary research to create story and performance
- Coffee-table book featuring participating artists
- Compilation music album
- Kids Music Series. Music video with kids singing songs of peace from cultures around the world
Public & Education Programs
Public speaking and education programs are a cornerstone of our efforts to engage audiences in a dialogue about the power of art and music to unite humanity. Our work includes:
- Responses to Oppression Through Music + Art. Leading education workshops in classrooms and via Skype for teachers and children (middle- and high-school)
- Multimedia Program presenting an overview of the Project and featuring stories of the Kulturbund and current-day artists
- A Musical Evening presenting an overview of the Project and cabaret-style performance of songs relevant to the Kulturbund
Here’s how you can help
- Give financially
- Give in-kind
- Share access to people, organizations, networks, collaborative opportunities
- Connect us to other potential supporters
- Connect us to potential hosting venues for programs and discussions
- Connect us to educators interested in building a curriculum
Make a Donation
Payable to: International Documentary Association
Write in “Memo”: The Jüdische Kulturbund Project
Mail checks to:
International Documentary Association
3470 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 980
Los Angeles CA 90010
For more information about making a contribution or about sponsorship opportunities for any of the Project programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.